A lot of individuals believe that car detailing and car washing are the same. However, that isn’t the case. In making a car looking perfectly clean both outside and inside, detailed car washing goes beyond the regular car wash. Detailing doesn’t include utilizing an automated machine to do the cleaning, unlike car washing. It instead includes hand washing by extremely professional detailers.
Surrey car wash and detailing services is divided into 2 parts – exterior detailing and interior detailing.
Exterior Detailing of the Car
This isn’t simply a quick wash of the outer parts of a car. An excellent detailer can minimize surface scratches, will make your vehicle gleam, and should always use a shielding paint sealant.
The popular exterior process includes:
- Sealing – A sealant is applied to provide the vehicle with a glossy shine. Wax can be utilized on several occasions.
- Polishing – It is normal that it loses its shine or polish after a vehicle has been utilized for a while. Thus, the original polish is restored in this process.
- Claying – To get rid of any residue, traces of overspray, or impurities that can’t be removed with ordinary detergents, a clay bar is utilized.
- Drying and Washing – Detailing is done by hand, unlike a car wash. The first step includes spraying the vehicle with unique high-powered spray. Then it washed thoroughly by hand on the glass, door jambs, rims of the vehicle, and all exterior parts that require cleaning.
Paint touch up, glass chip repair, bumper repair, engine pressure cleaning, headlight polishing, engine detailing, trim repainting are other exterior services that can be done.
Interior Detailing of the Car
It isn’t a wonder that interior car detailing needs more time and effort compared to exterior detailing. Aside from having a bad smell, an interior that isn’t clean also adds to operational issues.
Foggy windows can mask the view of the driver, grit and stain can result in switches to fail, and dirty air exhaust spreads allergens around the cabin. Because of that, cleaning the interior of a vehicle is more than simply washing with soap and water.
There are various methods to do inner car detailing. This depends on the detailer you visit. But, the regular procedure involve:
- Vacuuming – Vacuuming shelf, trunk, rear cargo area, headliners, and seats are the 1st stage in cleaning the vehicle’s interior. The vacuum and the floor mats must be separately cleaned . An air compressor can be utilized for the hard places that can’t be reached with the use of a vacuum.
- Steam Cleaning and Brushing – This is utilized to clean mats and carpets. To get rid of any blemishes and stains that might have gathered over the previous years, thorough scrubbing is done on the mats. A steam-cleaner needs to be utilized to be more effective. But, to prevent mildew, carpets have to be left to completely dry.
- Glass Cleaning – To clean the glass, the detailer will have to use a glass cleaner. This will make sure that the glass stays clean and make sure that the view of the driver is not covered.